The Fashion Boutique
- Current owner, Charlene Dodson, is moving to the mountains of North Carolina.
- Emily is starting a business of her own, Wildfire, location at 518 S Market Street in Martinsburg.
- We will be closed August 1 – 22, 2019 to set-up her new store. We will temporarily reopen at our current location from August 23 – 31 for a final week-long closeout, celebration and thank you event. Please mark your calendar!
- Start using any gift certificates. Emily will be honoring gift certificates for The Fashion Boutique at Charlotte’s Trove until 12/31/19 at her new location.
The Hungry Duck
- As of July 12, 2019, we have officially closed our doors to refocus our time and attention on our daughter. We are still considering any future plans to continue bringing live music to the area. Operations of the event space with continue (through the end of August) for all previously booked private events.
- The Charlotte’s Trove building will soon be listed for sale or lease. This building has been part of the owners family for sixty-five years, and houses some of the most interesting wood wall art created by her father. "While it will be difficult to leave this all behind, I will always have my memories. I was blessed to have watched multiple businesses grow up in this building, and I was able to spend the last five years sharing this space, my stories and memories with all of you." - Charlene
A message from Emily:
My mom and I had a good laugh when we found this picture. It was taken in 2002 with the “famous burl” at Charlotte’s Trove... little did I know I’d end up here for a job interview 17 years later.
I began this job 2 months after high school graduation. My friends were heading off to college and I was back home, wondering what in the world I wanted to do with my life. I never imagined myself as a business owner— especially at 20. But throughout my time working at Charlotte’s Trove, I developed an interest for business and Charlene kept fueling the fire. She has put so much trust in me over the past few years and I am grateful for her and the knowledge she has passed onto me. I will always hold our relationship close to my heart.
I thank everyone who I’ve had the pleasure of serving through out my time at Charlotte’s Trove. I hope to continue our relationship at my new store and I look forward to serving this community!
We'll keep you posted on Facebook!